It’s a misconception that franking machines and other pieces of mailroom equipment are designed for large operations with considerable post loads to process each day.
Royal Mail and their partners appreciate that not all mailrooms require high volume machines and so they’ve developed SME mailroom services, including small franking machines, which impact positively even in an operation that sends five items of mail per day. The units are convenient, remove the need to visit the Post Office and can be discreetly housed on a desk or shelf without stealing too much space.
By allowing machines to swiftly process the opening, sealing and franking at speed and with accuracy,efficiency is maximised and the cost effectiveness is heightened considerably.Staff can concentrate on other core business tasks with the peace of mind that technology is assisting them during their work day, never hindering.
Smart small franking machines
Royal Mail has stipulated that all new franking machines must be smart technology enabled.
Smart franked mail features a readable 2D bar code which allows item tracking and reporting.
Smart technology small franking machines are Mailmark eligible. This is Royal Mail’s most economic tariff and VAT reclaim benefits are available; the machines are programmed to calculate the amounts for you.
SME mailroom services utilise cutting edge technology but are low cost. Stamps are low technology and boast the highest costs; older and second hand small franking machines save a firm a little in postage outlay but they are not Mailmark eligible or technologically capable for Royal Mail developments.
These are the current Royal Mail fees:
- 1st class stamp: 65p
- Standard franking 1st class: 57p
- Mailmark franking 1st class: 55p
After the initial expenditure or implementation of a small franking machine rental agreement many SME’s find that the costs repay themselves with pleasing speed. Online account management and supplies ordering are key operational features offered by professional and experienced suppliers. The shop is never shut. These Royal Mail partners can deliver advice on other SME mailroom services and savings.
Office supplies companies, including IMS Franking in Aldermaston, offer…
- Smart franking machine rental.
- Smart franking machine purchase.
- Letter inserters.
- Letter openers.
- Excel mail monitors.
- Office stationery supplies.
- Computer hardware and supplies.
- Computer software.
- Cleaning products and tools.
Small franking machine example:
IMS 110 – for low to medium use.
- Mailmark eligible smart technology small franking machine.
- Franks up to 25 pieces of mail per minute.
- Can date stamp incoming mail.
- VAT reclaim.
- ‘Smart’ technology for reclaiming VAT
- A built in 2.5kg scale.
- Allows up to 10 different cost centres
- Customised logos and detailed text messages.
- Opens letters via the long edge without damage to contents.
- Milling function from 0.2mm to 2mm slits.
- 60db sound output.
- Easy to operate.
- Small mailroom services machine.
- Handles mail up to 7mm thick.
- Catch tray with buzzer alert for full tray.
- Optional resettable counter.
Why settle for good performance and limited operational cost savings when you can achieve excellence in your mailroom?