A parent who fears losing the battle for child custody as a contentious divorce looms on the horizon will want to visit a website such as www.thetexasdivorcelawyer.com and begin the process of hiring an attorney. When crucial issues are at stake, the person wants to be sure he or she has excellent legal representation. This parent also will want to learn the main factors involved in judicial decisions about custody and to be proactive about presenting the most positive impression.
A firm such as the Law Office of Julie Johnson can provide counsel on how parents should behave when they face a fight over child custody. Self-control is essential in all areas of life during these proceedings. The client must avoid acrimonious encounters with the spouse and stay calm, even if the spouse is being argumentative or offensive. Self-control in regard to romantic relationships is also essential. Although there may be a strong temptation to begin a new relationship, it’s best to wait until the custody matter is entirely settled. The other parent’s lawyer could present a new romance in a very negative light.
Staying calm in various situations is vital for maintaining a good reputation and impressing the family court judge. The parent definitely does not need witnesses stating that they saw an outburst of rage or melodrama anywhere in public. The individual must have a calm demeanor in any court hearings or other appearances, and should avoid meltdowns when unexpectedly encountering the spouse in public.
Supporting the children’s relationship with the other parent will be viewed positively by the court, unless there is strong evidence that parent is unfit. Otherwise, it’s best to encourage visitation and not make any disparaging remarks about the spouse in front of the kids. Family court judges may consider disruptive influences as a red flag, and that can strongly work against the parent trying to gain full physical custody. It should also be noted that courts increasingly encourage divorced parents to share custody, even if shared physical custody is not possible or feasible. Again, unless the other parent is unfit, the court will expect both individuals to be fully involved in their youngsters’ lives.… Read More
Personal development leaders commonly recommend listening to motivational materials, including podcasts that can spark inspiration and provide helpful strategies. An organization such as the Entrepreneurs Podcast Network is ideal for people who run their own small business or who have a goal to do so. These individuals will find a wide array of topics from which to choose. They may want to simply grab a few topics from the front page to listen to later, or they may want to devote more time to sifting through the subjects and deciding which are most pertinent at this moment.
This type of downloadable audio can be listened to at any time and virtually anywhere. All listeners need is their device of choice and a set of headphones or ear buds. Most websites providing this feature also allow the user to listen to it without downloading, although people tend to prefer having it available on their phone or other device when they don’t have Internet access. The medium has dramatically expanded opportunities for individuals to listen to motivational materials of their choice. Not all that long ago, people had to buy compact discs or cassette tapes, or borrow them from a library, and listen to them on a device that played those objects. Now, a seemingly endless list of choices is available online. The individual’s main problem may be narrowing down that list and selecting topics that are most relevant to his or her situation and ambitions.
Current and aspiring entrepreneurs may want to learn more about effective marketing tools and how to better promote their goods and services. They may need to hone their sales skills, and listening to tips from the experts provides important insight. They want to increase profits and expand their business. Other business owners struggle with finding an optimum work-life balance since their career endeavors demand so much time. Podcasts about all these topics and many others are informative and entertaining. People can find life-changing information as they routinely listen to these audio features since so many individuals have already been stuck at the same difficult point in a business enterprise. … Read More
Being convicted of DWI is a serious offense with serious consequences. It will impact your right to drive and your life. You could well be facing jail time and fines. Your reputation will be severely damaged. Employers and landlords will be find out on the simplest background check. College admission and student loans could be jeopardized. You have a lot at stake.
When read the Miranda Warning, you heard that the state will provide an attorney at no charge. Before making a decision on whether to use the services of a public defender or to retain your own attorney, there are a few points to consider.
- If you elect to use a public defender, you don’t get to choose your lawyer. The state will make that decision for you. The lawyer appointed for you may or may not have any experience with cases like yours.
- You may or may not meet the financial qualifications for a public defender.
- A DUI/DWI charges means that there will be two sets of hearings. One is an administrative DMV hearing which will determine whether or not and for how long your license will be suspended. The other hearing is in court and determines your guilt or innocence of the charge. A private attorney will be able to represent you at both, but a public defender will only represent you in court. You’re on your own at the DMV hearing unless you hire your own attorney for the DMV hearing.
- A public defender is being paid by the government, not by you. Public defenders are bound by the same ethical constraints as private attorneys, but face a number of practical difficulties. A public defender is typically handling more cases at once, so has less time available to spend on any one case.
- Do you intend to fight the charge or plead guilty? Public defenders are normally permitted to only bring so many cases to trial. The rest are plea bargained with the prosecutor. If you intend to fight the charge, you’ll normally be better off with a private attorney who works for you.
At Powers McCartan PLLC, you’ll find experienced DWI defense lawyers who will fight to win your case. Contact the firm today for a free case evaluation. The government wheels are turning – there’s no time to waste.… Read More